Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dancing with my baby

Yesterday things got back to normal after a wonderful Christmas break.  Truly wonderful.  I haven't experienced a restful holiday in years.  This one was.  I'm so thankful.

After the boys trudged off to school and Morgan settled back into her homeschool routine, I turned on David's favorite music - Jared Anderson's live worship album, "Live From My Church."  I don't know why he loves it so much.  He's just a baby, but if he is upset or fussy about something, one sure way to settle him down is to turn on this music.  He loves it.

I turned it on and he toddled over to me, raised his arms up and said, "Uh."

This means, "Dance with me, Mama."

Don't ask me how I know.  I just do.  He says "uh" for everything but somehow I always know what he means.  Maybe that's why he's not talking yet.  He doesn't need to.  I understand him perfectly.

Anyway, we danced.  I love dancing with David pretty much any day of the week, but yesterday was special.  He laid his little head on my shoulder and let his body kind of melt into mine and we danced.

Within a minute or so, I felt a sudden surge of emotion and remembered a promise God made to me in the summer of '07.

"I can redeem anything."

I began to cry while I danced with my baby because this baby is one fulfillment of that promise.

In the midst of the brokenness in my heart, mind and marriage, the Lord spoke to me and promised me that things can not only get better, but the brokenness and the hurt and the despair can be redeemed.


This little boy is a DAILY reminder that God does redeem.  He took back what had been stolen from me and from my husband and brought LIFE to it.

And I'm grateful.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kaysie. Thanks for posting with honesty and in it giving us all some joy! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restoration and Restitution. Not just brought back, but made BETTER! That's our God. Faithful. And beyond what we could ask or think. So glad to hear your break was good. Love you.

    ReplyDelete