Friday, June 24, 2011

And Just Like That...


He's TWO!!!
TWO!!!!!!

We celebrated his birthday "simply" with family.  He's not big on parties.  Not yet, anyway.  He will be.  He's a Steele.

I can't believe he's two.  

We're enjoying him so much.  His language has been a bit delayed, but the explosion of words is beginning and it is SO MUCH FUN.  

I love the "Nigh, Nigh, Mommy's" and the "Hi, Sissy's" and the "Joosh's" - I love baby talk.  Especially when I can understand it.  

As the Big Three grew and developed through the toddler and preschool years, I mourned each milestone.  

Especially with Charlie.  He really was the cutest kid on the planet.  Seriously.  


I mean, come on.  It doesn't get much cuter than this.


Or this.


O.  M.  G.


Seriously.  I'm crying.


I think the "milestone grieving" came because deep down in my heart I just wasn't done.  There was a desire for another.

With David, I find myself enjoying him immensely but CELEBRATING each little step he takes towards independence.

Guess that means I'm done.  

Here are a few birthday pics so you can revel in David's cuteness.  


Birthday present!


Playing at the park


Hating the birthday song


REALLY hating the birthday song... and the birthday cupcake... and the birthday candles.


And back to the cuteness!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see him tomorrow! He is so sweet. I hope he and Lucy enjoy one another!

    ReplyDelete