Monday, July 11, 2011

Colorado

We just returned a couple of days ago from a week long visit to Colorado.  Can I just say I LOVE this place?  It's funny because we didn't really do that much this time around - not really practical to camp, white water raft, climb mountains, etc... when you have a toddler along for the ride.  But, there's just something about BEING there that's good for my soul.


Maybe it has to do with the beauty that's all around me when I'm there.


Or that when the sun goes down, you pretty much need a sweatshirt or a fire nearby in order to stay warm... even if the temps have been in the 90's during the day.  LOVE that.


Or that this is the place where Mark and I met and fell in love.


Or that this lovely lady lives here... friends for 22 years.  So thankful.


Or that my "baby" brother and his family call this place home and I love them very much.


But I think mainly it's because being here reminds me of how small I am... and how big God is.

And I feel more thankful.  More peaceful.  
More connected with the One who made me and understands me.

Thank You, God, for making Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment