Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Being Watched

So it's probably going to be more like a "Two Year Bible Reading Plan."

At this rate, I'm thinking I'll feel pretty good if I can read through the Bible in a decade.

I may even need to change the name of my blog from "I'm Steele Standing" to "I'm Steele Sitting."

I'm not doing much standing these days.

Finally had that back surgery I've been avoiding all these years.

Good times.

I am now pretty much totally dependent on others for absolutely everything.

Like I said... good times.

I know there is much to be learned during this season.  I'm up for learning it.  But the truth is, right now I'm so hopped up on pain medications and so overwhelmed by even the smallest of tasks, that digging into the spiritual applications of what I'm going through is pretty much out of the question.

I'm just trying to get through each day with some semblance of dignity and grace.

I know I'm being watched.

My children are watching and learning from me - about suffering, about pain, about the limitations that eventually come our way and how to deal with them, about letting go.

I hope and pray that I can show them how to hope in the midst of struggle.

I hope and pray that God will make Himself more known to all of us through this season.

And I look forward to standing again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment