Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Meltdown

I'm not a stranger to dark and oppressive.

In fact, I'm kind of an old pro when it comes to dealing with these two nemeses.

I know how to pray.

I know who to call.

I know what to do.

But lately I find myself faced with a new oppressor.

And this one has me stumped.

The irrational screams.  The flailing arms and legs.  The defiant and angry outbursts.

They leave me feeling completely and totally wrecked.

How do you respond to the little boy who is at once both the culprit and the victim?

What do you say when he is unable to listen?

What do you do when he is so consumed by the meltdown that everything you do just makes it worse?

The momma tiger in me wants to beat down the tormentor, but the base, broken part of me just wants to crawl into a corner and hide.

And neither are options.

I can't beat down this tormentor.  He isn't likely to go away.

I can't hide away.  My little boy needs me fully present.

This beautiful little person needs me to stick by him.

To pray for him.

To seek answers for him.

To fight for him.

To hope for him.



2 comments:

  1. We take deep breaths and as much as possible see beyond the meltdown. We give grace to ourselves and to our child as we know more than others how hard those moments are for them too. We find our calm place, we keep everyone safe, and we connect with our child as they will let us. We allow ourselves to cry for how hard life is for our kiddo. And....after they are in bed we eat chocolate and watch the Big Bang Theory :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete