Sunday, June 8, 2014

Exceedingly Abundantly

A light touch on my hand.  

A whisper.  

A small, warm body crawling into my bed and nestling deep into me.  

Laying there in silence, just enjoying each other's presence and the comfort that comes from that kind of close connection.

Then... a caress.  He placed his hand on my face and literally stroked it.  

Tears.   

The ten minutes or so that we lay there together this morning filled my heart to overflowing.  

The mutual nature of the moment lifted the cloud that often lies over my heart in regard to Davy... and blew it away.

My little boy has come so far.  

It's hard to explain what it's like to raise a child with autism.  It's hard to help others understand the kind of patience, restraint, focus, and selflessness that parenting him requires.  

We stay pretty near a state of total exhaustion at all times.

But this child, this wonderfully complicated child, has deepened us in a way that no other life experience could.  

And the rewards, when they come, are worth more.  They mean more.

I don't mean to diminish the significant moments that come with raising our other three (neuro-typical) kiddos.  Those are incredibly meaningful and life-changing.  Being mom to them is one of the greatest joys of my life.

But I have many beautiful memories of cuddling with each of them in bed.  So many.

With Davy, I now have one.  Its value is beyond measure.

When we first received Davy's diagnosis, my mom began praying Ephesians 3:20-21 over him.  I have prayed it, too.  But my mom prays with faith and expectation.  My prayers are more like cries from the depths of my heart.  Sometimes they're even wordless cries.

He hears both.  I know He does.  He hears me and forms into words what I cannot - making my prayers more than I can ask or think.  

And then does exceedingly abundantly more.  







2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tribute to Davy, God's special gift to you.
    I loved the part on prayer....

    "When we first received Davy's diagnosis, my mom began praying Ephesians 3:20-21 over him. I have prayed it, too. But my mom prays with faith and expectation. My prayers are more like cries from the depths of my heart. Sometimes they're even wordless cries.

    He hears both. I know He does. He hears me and forms into words what I cannot - making my prayers more than I can ask or think.

    And then does exceedingly abundantly more."

    Thank you for this beautiful sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete