Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I Learned

So, the Daniel Fast is over.  Officially.  We did it.  Well, we almost did it.  We ended up cutting it short by one day and one meal.  Everything was going fine and then Mark threw his back out on one of the busier days I've had in a long time and by the second day of his bed-ridden state, I was a little unnerved.

And a dear friend sent me a text offering to bring us dinner.

Of course I said yes.  And I felt great about that decision.

So we broke our fast with a large ham and pineapple pizza from Bellacino's.

Felt great about that, too.

Anyway, I learned some things through this almost 21 day experience.

Sugar isn't a necessary part of my every day.

Coffee gives me headaches (but I still LOVE it).

Physical therapy is my answer to chronic back pain and degenerative disc disease. (it's really working!)

Food doesn't fill me.  Not really.

Jesus fills me.  He really does.

I don't care for lentils.

Mark can't stand lentils.

I'm to stay the course (and my "course" doesn't look like most of those around me).

It was good.

And I'm glad it's done.

1 comment:

  1. I need to make my lentil soup for you sometime. De-lish. I'm kinda glad to hear that you "fell short" one day. I had a "challenge" with one of my kidlets and was convinced those demonic girl scout cookies would make me feel so much better. They didn't. About 30 minutes away from the situation did. But then I felt crappy about the giving into the sugar monster. Like you, though, I am doing just fine without the sugar. Three pounds less of fine at that! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete