Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowmageddon

Snowmageddon, SnOklahoma, Snowpacalypse...

If you've been on Facebook at all in the last nine days, those words will be very familiar to you.

Tulsa has been hit with the heaviest snowfall in its history in the last week and a half.  It's been CRAZY.

Speaking of crazy... I'm heading there.

The boys have been home from school now for SEVEN days.  Mark has been working from home for five of the last seven work days.

No schedule.  No routine.  No sanity.

I've seen so many posts about how much others have enjoyed this down time.  DOWN TIME?!!  Not in this house.

Toddlers and snowstorms simply DO NOT mix.

Still, being snowbound has made me mindful of all there is to be thankful for in my life.  The last time we were inundated with winter weather, it was in the form of heavy ice and power outages and accompanied by the death of my father.

This winter storm, though at times stressful and inconvenient, is full of life.  LOTS of life.



For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment